If you’re following any successful online marketer on the internet, they all talk about taking massive action. But, what does that actually mean? Better yet, what does it look like for your online business.
First of all, let’s define the term massive action. In my understanding, it means taking many big and focused action steps at once that can bring you big results in return.
The big problem with taking massive action is that if you are taking action for action’s sake, you are going to burn out fast. You are just keeping yourself busy, but you are not getting meaningful things done.
For instance, you could be promoting your latest blog post by posting it to hundreds of social bookmarking sites out there. Sure, you are taking massive action, but are you getting any results? Are you focusing on your target audience or “just anyone out there”?
Instead of taking massive action that way, shouldn’t you just focus on a handful of bookmarking sites that are related to your niche and where your target audience hangs out? Even if you just did this, the impact would be much bigger and you would be less-stressed. In addition, you would saved some time.
In my niche, the home based business niche, the money making activities are really very few but we all tend to over complicate it and think that the wrong activities are actually helping us. Follow these steps and your business will grow:
- Build your list – that is, drive traffic to your blog and/or your offer – make sure you’re offering value into the marketplace and don’t just spam your link everywhere
- For every 1 hour of training you consume, spend 4-5 hours implementing what you learn
- Email marketing – consistently, every single day, once you have any names and email addresses on your list, follow up with them with an email. Once they’re on your list, they want you to teach them what they need to be doing to build their own businesses (or solve the problem that your product will solve for them)
- Video marketing – people will feel like they know you when they see your face and then they will start to like and trust you
- Host webinars – once you have even a little bit of experience in your field, host webinars. Lots of sales are made that way
The things that WON’T make you money are the following:
- Watching training videos
- Facebook – unless you’re placing Facebook ads to drive traffic. But, if you’re just on there socializing, this is not a money making activity
- Checking email
Schedule 15 minutes first thing in the morning, once in the afternoon, and then again at the end of your day to do the things above, but in order to make money in your home based business, you need to focus on the money making activities.
Finally, I leave you with one of the best motivational videos I’ve ever seen (no exaggeration) where Tony Robbins discusses what motivation means in the home based business industry with industry legends Frank Kern and John Reese. Enjoy and TAKE MASSIVE ACTION!
I hope you got value from this blog post. Please leave me a comment below and share it with your friends.
Until next time,
P.S. This Wednesday, November 4, will mark the biggest day in MLSP’s history and you’re invited to attend. Register here for the webinar on the long awaited launch of MLSP Sites (blogging platform that I am using for this blog) with the master blogger himself, Ray Higdon. You do NOT want to miss this webinar.