You joined a network marketing, direct sales, or affiliate marketing program and you’re so excited to tell everyone you know about your new business. Your upline tells you to write a list of 100 people you know and contact them all. But, how exactly do you do that? Do you post your link on your personal Facebook wall, private message all of your friends, call them all?
You could do all of those things, and I’ve seen a lot of home based business entrepreneurs who succeed with those methods, but I’m here to tell you that there is definitely a better way. It’s called Personal Branding. I can almost hear what you’re thinking right now…I’m not Nike or Coca-Cola Jan so why do I need a brand?
There are several reasons that personal branding is so important:
- How many other distributors or affiliates are with the company that you’re so excited about? Probably tens (if not hundreds) of thousands and they’re all going to be posting their links on social media. How will you differentiate yourself from the masses?
- What if the company that you’re so excited about ceases to exist? In my 10+ years of experience in the home based business arena, I’ve seen multiple companies either go out of business, get into trouble with the SEC, or just plain out stop paying their top income earners because of non-compliance
- Because of so much competition inside and outside of your company, you can portray yourself as the niche specific expert. In other words, if you’re in the health and wellness niche, you can become the weight loss expert offering tips on how to lose weight or how to become more fit. You could do instructional (how to) videos or write articles on everything your prospects and customers need to know about losing weight or getting into shape. If you’re consistent and put valuable content out into the marketplace on a daily basis, you’ll be one step ahead of your competition.
How To Brand Yourself
This is where the rubber meets the road. You need to create your unique selling proposition that will differentiate you from your competition.
- Who are you and what do you stand for? Better yet, what don’t you stand for? Let people know those things.
- What Do You Do? How would you sum up your business in 30 seconds? You should highlight the specialties within your business.
- Why Does It Matter? How do you interact with customers and what benefits can you offer them
- What Makes You Different?
- Do you have a unique voice or promotional approach?
- What can you list that is different from the rest?
The most important reason that you want to consider when you’re starting off on social media is that people do not go onto Facebook to buy anything. Period! But, when they see the value in your content and what you’re sharing with them, they will automatically want to buy from you when the time is right. The whole point is to gain their trust and allow them to know, like, and trust you.
Till next time,
P.S. If you like what you learned in this article, there are so many more strategies that you can learn to grow your business (online and/or offline) right here!