You have a business, whether it’s a brick and mortar or an online home based business and you aren’t sure which social media platform to use. That’s ok. I was in the same boat before I went online, but I did have a Facebook account and being the social person I am I thought I’d start there as a way to promote my home based business.
And, I’m still using Facebook heavily with a fan page and close to 2,000 friends and fans, but as you probably know, Facebook has dramatically changed their algorithm and the percentage of those fans and friends that actually see my posts has gone down exponentially.
I’ve had a Twitter account since the beginning of time, but, quite honestly, I hated it because what can you possibly do with 140 characters anyway? But, as I’m finding out more and more on a daily basis, there is SO MUCH you can do with 140 characters and Twitter is so powerful. The best part about Twitter is that it’s not as crowded as Facebook. With a mere 100 million active daily users vs. Facebook’s 968 million daily users, your odds of being seen and heard are so much better. Another one of my favorite features of Twitter is the instant gratification of Twitter. When you follow someone, they usually follow you right back and when you tweet, people can retweet, like, mention you, and best of all, follow you. It’s a lot faster, I’ve found, than Facebook.
With that said, I’ve found several automation tools that will make your life easier and I’d like to outline each of them below:
With Hootsuite, you can schedule posts which will save you time by scheduling 100’s of messages and launching multiple campaigns at once. This feature alone makes the whole thing worth it so you can live your life while your business is running automatically!
With a nominal monthly fee, you can monitor and manage up to 100 Social Profiles such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ pages from one web-based dashboard.
You can Measure your social media campaigns and track performance with custom social analytics reports.
In addition to these features, you’ll get additional features as well. I’ll be using these features regularly and will report back in future blog posts:
- Save Tweets as Templates: This is a very time-saving technique. By using this tool, you can save tweets as templates and send them anytime you want.
- Schedule Tweets: Hootsute is one of best twitter automation tools which make it really easy to schedule your Tweets. There are two tweet schedule modules. The first one is autoschedule in which Hootsuite sends your tweets on optimal times to get more exposure. The other one is manual timing. If you want to post your tweets on specific times, you can schedule unlimited tweets using Hootsuite.
- Targeting options: One new feature Hootsuite added is targeting options. This is absolutely a really helpful feature, because you can target specific religions to see your tweet. How awesome is that? Ex: I have written an article about How to Open a Virtual US Bank Account Online For FREE a few months ago. This tutorial is for people who are not US residents. So It is not too necessary USA residents see my tweet. With the use of Targeting options, you can specify which people should see your tweet. If you run a webinar for any country-specific people, you can use HootSuite Targeting options to get more targeted sign up for webinar.
- Attach Image or File: If you tweet or DM on Twitter, you couldn’t upload files to Twitter except images. But, by using the Hootsuite twitter automation tool, you can upload any file (ex: PDF, text document) to Hootsuite and send to your Twitter followers.
- Branded Shortened URLs: Ow.ly is a URL shortening service owned by Hootsuite. When you purchase Hootsuite Pro version, you can make your own URL shortener. Ex: kiss.ly (KISSmetrics.com)
- Twitter Quick Search: This is another new feature that Hootsuite added recently. I too had a problem to find trending topics on Twitter. On those occasions, I logged into my Twitter account and searched for Trend section to find upcoming events and trending topics. But, with the new feature, you and me can easily find trending topics in the HootSuite dashboard.
- Management: Unlike other twitter tools, in Hootsuite, you can manage your Twitter account conveniently. You can follow people, see others followers, followings, twitter timeline, mentions, favorites, retweets, etc. Hootsuite also has a twitter user scoring system called Klout. Klout score is counted by using different metrics.
Socialoomph is a social media productivity tool which has lots of unique features and tools that other Twitter tools don’t have. Socialoomph is a perfect tool if you want a great Twitter tool for your online & offline business. Here are several features of Socialoomph.
- Purge DM Inbox: If you have multiple Twitter account and have lots of Direct messages, actually it would be a painful task to delete them manually. But, with Socialoomph, you can easily delete everything or DMs older than 7 days or DMs older than 30 days.
- Send DMs to new followers: With this feature, you can send DMs to all new followers. For an example, for new followers you can give away a freebie such as a PDF, small eBook.
- Mimic follow — Replicate the following of others: You can scan up to five twitter accounts at a time and analyze their Twitter followings. So you can later follow them to build relationships with. It’s a great way to find out twitter power users that your competitors are following. Finding professional Twitter power-users is essential to succeed in Twitter marketing.
- Define your own channels: This is another useful feature on Socialoomph. Let’s say you want to track people who are talking about proofreading and also tweets that are related best proofreading tools. So by specifying your own tweet channels and keywords, you can create unlimited groups to organize information.
- View predefined channels: This feature will track your twitter accounts and tweets for your predefined keywords. If you want to track every tweet which is about “WordPress installation services” or “SEO consulting services”, you can easily track every tweet. This is a great way to find potential customers on Twitter.
- Self-destructing (time-limited) update: This is one of my favorite features on Socialoomph. If you want any Tweet update to be deleted automatically after X hours, days, weeks or months, you can create self-destructing messages. How cool is it?
- Bulk upload tweets: If you have already prepared tweets, you can very easily upload them to Socialoomph and set them to be sent out as the time period you want.
- Recurring updates: Do you want any tweet to be sent out after X hours, days, weeks or months right after its initial posting? So In Socialoomph, you don’t want copy & paste same tweet to be sent out in multiple times. Just set the recurring updates settings and let Socialoomphs to send them at the right times. This is an extremely helpful feature for bloggers. By using this feature you can get your post sent on many occasions.
- Filter timelines: Even though you follow thousands of people on Twitter, if you don’t want receive updates from specific people, so you can filter out tweets sent by them and make your twitter timeline a special one.
- Integrated timelines: By default, you get twitter updates from people and brands you are following, right? But with TweetCOCKPIT integration in Socialoomph, you can fetch more tweets to your timeline by filtering keyword-specific tweets so on.
Overall Socialoomph is a very powerful Twitter productivity tool. I have been using this online Twitter tool for a few months and plan on using it more in the coming months.
Here are a few key features of ManageFlitter Twitter management tool.
- PowerPost: Not every Twitter follower is active in same time. As your followers’ geographic data differ time-to-time and country-to-country, you would want to find the best time to tweet to get the maximum exposure. Yes, you can use Twitter handles to get more impressions. But, by analyzing Twitter followers and finding the time that most of your followers are active, you can get more eyeballs for your sweet tweet and hopefully a few retweets and link clicks too. ManageFiltter provides very extensive data about your Twitter followers and their activities. For an example, let’s say that you have a post to Tweet for London citizens. You can analyze Twitter followers located in London area and find the time that most of them are active. You are just a few clicks away to bulk schedule tweets for followers in London. Also, you can connect your Facebook and LinkedIn accounts to send out scheduled posts in the best times to get maximum exposure.
- Unfollow Inactive and Useless Followers: If you asked me, what is my favorite feature of ManageFlitter, i would say straightly that it is unfollow. There are vast majority of ways to unfollow inactive and nonfollowing people on Twitter in ManageFlitter. By Spam Score, Last Activity, People who don’t speak English, Inactive followers and Non-following are some of top ways to unfollow people on Twitter. Also, you can bulk unfollow Twitter accounts too. I unfollowed many accounts that i have followed mistakenly in past and made my account more professional and spam-looking-free.
- Follow: Just like Unfollow feature, ManageFlitter is very powerful when it comes to selecting best people to follow on Twitter. I have used this tool a few times to get the attention of prospects and to reach out industry influencers and leaders such as Neil Patel. No doubt that after you using ManageFlitter’s Follow feature, you will use this Twitter tool in everyday to connect with more customers and like-minded people.
- RSS Feeds to Post: If you are a blogger, you would know the importance of social media management to drive referral traffic to your website. As time is the most valuable factor, you can’t waste your valuable time for other things. Many people outsource Twitter sharing. But, with ManageFlitter you can turn RSS feed to Tweets automatically. This is one of useful features on ManageFlitter you would encounter as a blogger.
- Analytics: ManageFlitter is a Twitter Management tool. That means, it provides vast majority of tools to manage your Twitter account. When managing your account, understanding the current situation is very important. You don’t have to worry anything about, if you use ManageFlitter to manage your Twitter account. Account Analytics, Tweet Analytics, Account History and Email History are the types of Analytics in ManageFlitter. You can do many things and make your Twitter account the biggest asset of your social media marketing.
- Search: ManageFlitter is very flexible when it comes to search feature. You have lots of ways to search on Twitter. Even rather than Twitter’s Advance search filter. For an example, with Twitter Advanced Search tool, you can’t define the website to find owners or influencers who tweets post of website. But, with ManageFlitter, you are just a few clicks away to find out people who shared links to post for your competitor website.
ManageFlitter is a very useful Twitter tool to manage your Twitter account.
Twitter bought Tweetdeck in 2011 and it’s totally FREE. Here are few things you can do inside TweetDeck Twitter management tool.
- Add Multiple Twitter Accounts: You don’t want to use multiple TweetDeck accounts for multiple Twitter accounts. Authenticate each Twitter account you own and you can start managing each Twitter account.
- Schedule tweets: Like other Twitter tools, with TweetDeck you can schedule tweets for multiple accounts at a time.
- Add Columns: Like in Hootsuite, in TweetDeck you can add multiple columns. Not only your Twitter accounts’ notifications, activity and home feed tabs, but also you can segment specific topics and add those tweets into columns. See the image above. Check how I added a new column which shows filtered tweets related to SEO.
- Track Link Click Stats with Bit.ly: After you add your Bit.ly account username and API key to TweetDeck, for every link you share through TweetDeck will be shortened through Bit.ly URL shortening service. Therefore, you can check click stats such as total clicks and referring sources in your Bit.ly account dashboard.
- Alert via sounds and popups: If you manage multiple Twitter accounts and want to get notifications for twitter activities such as receiving direct messages, you can get alerts through popups and sounds.
- Advanced Filtering options: TweetDeck has a rich advanced search filter. By using those advanced filter settings, you can get very targeted results.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Using keyboard shortcuts is the best convenient way to use TweetDeck efficiently. Although I don’t practice all those shortcuts, I usually use number keyword shortcuts to navigate through each column, so I don’t want scroll horizontally anymore.
TweetDeck is a perfect place to manage all your Twitter accounts.
Topsy is another twitter tool that every user should use. Apple bought Topsy Twitter search monitoring and analytics tool for $200 million in 2013. Topsy recently announced that they have crawled all the tweets since 2006. So there is lots of information. If you are a big believer in market research, you should use Topsy twitter search tool. Not only would you be able to find tweets related to your search query, but also great influencers too. Here are a few features of Topsy that you shouldn’t ignore.
- Topsy supports ten languages: Currently Topsy supports a few languages. So if your business is related to those languages, you can use Topsy to find new customers who are hanging on Twitter.
- Advanced search: As Topsy has lots of indexed tweets, when you search something on Topsy, you will usually get broad search results. But with advanced search tool, you can get laser targeted results. EX: If you want to find all tweets related to SEO and www.problogtricks.com, you can input this search query into the Topsy search box: site:problogtricks.com SEO. Topsy works just like Google search engine. Google also has a few search techniques.
- Get Email Alerts: Just like in Mention.com, here in Topsy twitter search engine, you can get email alerts for your target search query.
- Twitter Analytics: Topsy is not just only a twitter search engine, it’s a twitter analytics tool too. With Social analytics tool, you can find any topic’s popularity and social mentions versus time.
Topsy is a great Twitter tool which will help you find all tweets and influencers on any keyword. I will be using Topsy to find the social popularity of keyword phrases and social influencers who are eagerly willing to read my blog posts.
I hope this blog post helped you with your Twitter experience. If you found value, it would be great if you could comment below and share it with all of your friends.
Till next time,
P.S. If you would like to learn everything you need to know about social media marketing to promote YOUR business, you really need to CLICK HERE! (Unless you already have more than enough leads)